Monday, May 31, 2010

People starting to notice

It’s strange, here I am down 112 lbs and peoples are starting to notice that I am losing weight. I have been on this journey for a year now and it’s funny that people are now noticing that I am losing weight. I get ask how did you do it, what diet are you on or in one case did you have your stomach stapled. No I tell them it’s just eating like I should and moving. There is no secret to weight loss it’s just hard to break old habits and create new ones and it takes time.

I did not get to 431 pounds over night and I am not going to get to my goal weight in 30 days on the miracle diet. That’s the hard in this world of instant gratification to realize it is going to take two years or more was forever. Then I took a page from AA, I only had to do this one day at a time or even on meal at a time, and I found out it worked.

Sure I have had my ups and downs and a 2 month plateau which drove me nuts, but I have to remember I am in this for the long haul and it does take time (Things I Must Earn).

It’s been a while since I last blogged so I figured I would set something down on paper, be it electronic, it is still paper to me.

g

1 comment:

  1. people are sometime scarred when you super obese to say anything. Frankly you need to lose 50 pounds when your over 400 for it to be noticable to even the folks that really pay attention what you look like. Others fear commenting on weight where you that big, not wanting to offend us.

    ReplyDelete