Saturday, January 4, 2014

"When you turn on yourself, it's not the food, it's you that you're battling. Admit you overdid it and be honest, but recognize that you're human."


Ah the holidays, family, fun and food.  Way to much food.  For the last two weeks I went nuts.  I was on a good course before, that but what happen?  I could spend hours trying to figure that out, but I was always told to live in the solution, not the problem.  As the saying says I am only human, and the sooner I recognize that I am off course the better.
 
So I aim to lose 2 pounds in the next week. To do that I'll have to reduce my daily calorie intake by 400 to 600 calories and burn off 300 to 400 calories a day for an average weekly deficit of 7,000 calories.  So be easy, one would think.  The house is clean of all the bad foods and stocked with good.

I am also thinking it's time to write more, I have friends that swear by this and maybe I can learn something more about me.  I’m a better student when I am taking notes. Writing things down leads to even deeper understanding and, I hope, wisdom. I want to write down what I learn, so I don’t have to re-learn it later.
Whether it be in this blog or a journal I have not decided but it is something that I should do more often.

Then there is prayer and meditation.  Another thing I seem to have stopped doing and it's time to get back to.  While I am not a religious person I do believe in the spiritual aspect of life and the older I get the more this seems to be important.  Maybe it's a midlife thing but since its been on my mind it must mean something.

Well this is a start, and a journey always starts with the first step.

1 comment: