Sunday, November 29, 2009

First Post


Time to start keeping a blog about my weight loss.

I started this journey in May of 2009 at 431 lbs. I had just left the doctors to see what was going on with my knees and after the x-rays and him poking and prodding he just looked at me and said "what do you expect'. You 200 or more pounds over weight and your knees are telling you that's it.

I asked what could be done and all he said was lose weight and come back then. Man talk about a great bed side manner. But that started it off and now I am on my way.

So I decided that I would get down to the weight I was when I graduated college. Two hundred and forty pounds, but instead of fad diets I would change my life style and eat right and exercise. I found this website "Spark people" and it seems to be helping me keep track of my food and exercise and the change was on.

This is for me and know one else. Well maybe the two cats, someone needs to be around to feed them.

The other thing is today is my 23rd anniversary of not drinking, so miracles do happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment