Sunday, October 18, 2015

New Start


“It may not be the life you imagined, but it’s your life. You came here for a reason. Is it time for you to go and begin again?” Doug Cooper, Outside In

I am on week 5 of my new start and decided it was time to do an entry.  After my back operation in April I did not feel like doing anything.  The sciatica had gotten to the point that I could not even shop at the market without feeling extreme pain.  It was no way to live.

After my operation the only instruction I got from my surgeon was to walk and do PT.  I finished my PT and as normal did not follow instructions.  In the beginning of September, while the pain was not like it was before it was still there, so I decided it was time to do something about it.  I started swimming at the YMCA and watching my food intake.  Slowly the pain has diminished, why did I not try this earlier, because it was easy to come home from work and just sit in my easy chair.

But hey I am 58 and just can’t sit in my apartment and watch the world go by.  It takes a effort to go swimming everyday and I have to remind myself that I just have to do this for today and get out and move.

I am off to Las Vegas for the week; I have plans to go to the YMCA there and try to walk the strip, along with the shows and other things I have planned.
g    

No comments:

Post a Comment