Thursday, September 11, 2014

Staring back with the exercise

So I started back swimming,  Tuesday was rough tonight was not as bad.  The knee hurt and the back hurt but I have been reading on the internet (always a bad thing) that the best exercise for osteoarthritis of knee is swimming.  As WebMD states:

The old slogan, “Move it or lose it,” applies especially to people with osteoarthritis.   Apparently the buoyancy, and man I am buoyant, and the resistance is good.  Water creates a barrier and the faster you swim through this barrier, the more intense the exercise is for your muscles.  Well I am not fast but I can go a long time.  I checked with the calorie counter and it is surprising how many calories you can burn.

Weigh in is tomorrow so hopefully I lost something.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."  - Aristotle

g    

No comments:

Post a Comment