Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The Third Back Shot and some insight

I went in for my third back shot today and I hope it takes.  I asked the pain management Dr what would happen next if it did not.  He told me he doubted that they would operate due to the weight so if this did not work it might be meds for pain management.  I love it when I get a straight shooting doctor, one that looks at me and thinks he too fat so the best we can do is have him with pills.  At least he had the nerve to tell me.

The problem with doctors is that they have facts and studies behind them the chances of a person like me losing weight. According to the results published in the International Journal of Obesity, among overweight and obese adults:

36.6% of those who lost at least 5% of initial body weight kept it off
17.3% of those who lost at least 10% of initial body weight kept it off
8.5% of those who lost at least 15% of initial body weight kept it off
4.4% of those who lost at least 20% of initial body weight kept it off  

But I know something the doctor doesn't, you see I am sober 28 years and the chances of me being sober that long is 5%, and there is a way to do this and I am not alone.  I was told early on you never have to feel this way again.  And there are steps to take and I know it takes a physic change.  Only problem is having one of those. but baby steps.  

I could beat up on myself and think gezze I lost 125 lbs before and what happened or I loss 110 before that and what happened.  But this is the here and now not the past.  I love the saying "When you put one foot in yesterday and one foot in tomorrow and you might be pissing on today".  So I need to concentrate on today because it all I have.  The weight will come off I have the experience to back that up.

Well they put me under a light dose of stuff and I could hear everything they were saying.  Not good I want to be knocked the f out when they are inserting a really big needle in my back.  Afterward the doctor said he put the mojo juice (my technical term) right where he wanted it so let's see what happens.  The nurses were great and I had a good experience overall.

Mandy stayed for the first hour when I got home then left to baby sit her grand kids.  I luck to have her and need to tell her that more.

Food was not bad today, according to my tracker I had 2043 calories.  I have to stay out of the pool for 48 hours so I can start swimming on Thursday night.


Last week's calories.
       
“You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great” ― Zig Ziglar

that's it 

g

No comments:

Post a Comment