Thursday, December 17, 2009

Fat Dude


I reading several blogs today and it seemed that everyone is talking BMI. It’s the new weight measurement tool. So just to check out how I stand on this scale off I head to the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute website and enter my stats and hit the button and WAMO my BMI is 45.7. Now what’s that mean to me? According the web site

BMI Categories:
Underweight = <18.5
Normal weight = 18.5-24.9
Overweight = 25-29.9
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

Class 1 or mild obesity is a BMI = 30–34.9, class 2 or moderate obesity is a BMI = 35–39.9, class 3 or morbid or severe obesity is a BMI = 40–49.9, and class 4 or super morbid obesity is a BMI ≥ 50.

I am in the morbid obesity area. No s&*t, like I could not tell that by looking in the mirror. But the good news I started out with a BMI of 55.3, which was super morbid obesity and I am down to morbid obesity. Now we have classes and numbers and all kinds of stuff.

What ever happen to just fat dude or blimpy? I forgot that’s was not politically correct, but it got to the point, and I am not politically correct.

So fat dude out.

No comments:

Post a Comment