Sunday, December 27, 2009

Goals for 2010


I sat down to write my blog today, with a blank page wondering what my goals (or plans) for 2010 were going to be. I could write down all of the easy stuff that I tell myself that I am going to do every year, like stop procrastinating, be a better son, friend etc. But they are never tangible things that I cannot measure, so this year I will make goals that can be measured.

Health

1) Be less than 300 lbs by June 30, which would be a 54 pond loss and will keep me on track to my total weight loss plan.

2) Do 1005 miles by biking, swimming and walking by 2011. I was reading Jennsfitjourney and she had a goal of 2010 miles and I liked the idea but with my knees I figured I could do half of it.

3) Bike the Perkiomen Trail in one day. It’s a 22 mile trail from Green Lane to Valley Forge National Historical Park.

4) Walk the Valley Forge National Park loop. It’s a 5 mile loop through the park.

5) Swim 2 miles at once. This is 142 laps at the YMCA pool. I currently do 44 laps at a time now.

Home

Do all of this myself and not hire anyone. I know it sounds like normal maintenance
but each year I tell myself to do it and it never gets done. So I am making a commitment.

1) Paint the house, inside and out. It needs it, been 18 years and is starting to look shabby.

2) Strip and wax both bathrooms and kitchen.

3) Steam clean all of the rugs.

Well that wraps it up. I will have to track the walking, biking and swimming on daily/weekly bases which will help me blogging more.

g

No comments:

Post a Comment