Monday, December 14, 2009

Regrets


I was reading one of my daily blogs today and she was talking about going to her great grandmother home to get a picture of 5 generations. What a amazing thought to be able to do something like that. One of my greatest regrets is that I don’t have kids. Now I have nieces and a nephew but that’s not the same. But you I have come to accept the fact that I will not have any kids.

One of the main reasons is I am not married. I am one of those “independent” guys who could never settle down with one person. I look at it now and think I was too scared to settle down. Have someone really get to know me. Sure I have a lot of friends but no one ever got close, I never let them. I keep thinking one day I will meet someone and let my guard down. But the truth is I have met someone several times and I ran as fast as I could. It is so easy to wrap myself in my weight and say that is the reason but it’s not. Truth is told I am afraid and that is something I have to get over or I will spend the rest of my life alone.

So as I lose weight I must come out of my shell and start to live more and have no regrets. Man none of this stuff is ever easy.

g

No comments:

Post a Comment