Friday, December 25, 2009

Identity Theft


You know how to really ruin Christmas is to stop at a gas station and have you credit card declined for over limit. Now, mind you I only use this card for gas and I have a $5,000 limit and it’s paid off every month. When I get back to the house I give the credit card company a call and they go over the charges in the last week on the card, and it totals $4,985.

In discussing this with the companies fraud division it appears even the address on the card has been changed. After spending 1 hour on the phone with them and then call the 3 credit reporting agency and my other credit card companies to place fraud alerts on my info, I finally had a chance to think.

Not only am I worried about my credit, but I feel violated. First how does someone get a hold of my card information and just change things. All the companies told me, not to worry I am only responsible for $50 on any bad charges, but I am now the one who has to clean this mess up. The person who did this will probably, not get caught or if they do will not do time.

But I am the one who is the victim and I still have to pay $50 on any bad charges, it’s just not fair. Now, I will try to have a good day today and look at the positive. I have lost 77 lbs, although I missed the lose 25 lbs by Christmas by 2 lbs, I have done well this year. My health is good (even the knees feel better), the family is fine and I still have a job.

I have told myself I will not head to food to comfort this and I will get by, but it still sucks.

g

No comments:

Post a Comment